Sunday, April 6, 2008

2 weeks and 6 days

Before we leave for Russia!!! I go back and forth between being excited and being scared to death. Leaving the boys for 12 days is freaking me out still. I thought that I was going to loose it when I had to leave them for just 5 days, so i'm not sure what it's going to be like leaving them for 12 :(. Hopefully we'll be so busy that the time will just fly by. What really helped me the last time was talking to the boys on the phone. They never once were upset that we were gone, so i'm sure that they will be the same this time. I'm thinking about leaving little notes/treats that my mom can give to them each day. I'm sure that they'll love this :). There's an end in sight now and it will all be worth it when our plane lands in Houston on May 8th. I also worry about something going wrong with the adoption, or at court. I'm very nervous about going to court in Russia, but from what I hear, NN is a very adoption friendly region. Here's what we've done so far to prepare:

1. Visa applications have been sent.

2. We purchased our airline tickets.

3. Purchased my moms ticket to come out here.

4. Hired a house cleaner to clean our house while we're gone.

5. Worked out carpooling for my boys school/activities.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHA!! This is so exciting Tracy!! Are you going to be able to post anything in Russia??? I can't wait till I see some pictures of A in her ROOM!!! Love it!! This yr has been the YR for us!

Janine said...

You are getting so close!! You must be so excited!! That would be great if we were in Moscow at the same time and could get together.

Ben & Melissa said...

Hi Tracy, I would check with your agency about the visa thing. From what I understand, the biggest issue is your arrival and not your departure date, so I think you should be fine. But your agency should have more info. I don't know more beyond this, because we don't even have a court date yet. But we'll be praying for your trip! Woo-hoo! ~Melissa

Ben & Melissa said...

I'm so sorry that I've caused you to worry! I just spoke to my agency and it's just Nizhny. I was wrong in my post before, and have since corrected it. Our family coordinator said our facilitators in Nizhny are the ones who told us this news. I'm sure it will all work out for you--I really think you'll be OK, as you are arriving before the deadline. My guess is they just won't allow new visas for this reason to be given after May 1. Sorry I can't be more help! I'll be praying.

Janine said...

Tracy,
You know it's funny..my sister's name is Tracy. I'm so used to seeing Janine and Tracy :-) I won't really know when we are going to be in Moscow until after court on Monday April 21st. I'll post as soon as I know. :-)

Karen said...

Hey Tracy,

I have something I'd like to share with you guys, but I'll need to mail it. Would you e mail me with you address. Tried to find it on addresses.com, but couldn't.

Karen