Monday, April 28, 2008

WE'RE HERE!!!

We got to NN at 7:30 a.m. , Monday morning, after about 27 hours of traveling, but we feel pretty good. The flight was EXCELLENT ( Singapore )! We ate dinner shortly after take off, watched Juno, slept until the last 2 hours of the flight, watched another movie ( I think it's called I'm Legend, or something like that ) and ate breakfast . We had about an hour drive to the train station and then we had to wait about 2 and a half hours before we could get on the train, so we pretty much just "people watched" while we waited. We took the overnight train to NN, about 7 hours, and now we're here. Our coordinator told us that we would most likely get to see baby A today, so we're very excited about that. He's going to call us after 2:00 p.m. to let us know when, but it probably won't be until after 5:00 p.m. because there's another family at court right now, as I type. I can't wait to meet this other family :). We're both from the same agency and they also live in Texas. We've been emailing each other and talking on the phone quite a bit, but we haven't met yet. They're adopting 3 biological siblings. Just a reminder, we're 10 hours ahead of most of you, so most of my posting will probably be done while you're all sleeping.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you were able to make it through immigration with no issues, and that your travel experience was a good one. I'm just so excited for you I can hardly contain it so after we talked, I had to call my mom and tell her all about it. :)

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

That is so cool that the other family is there right now. I'll be checking in for updates later.

Judi

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it safely...cannot wait to hear about your visit with your new daughter!

Alex, Adam & Gracie said...

Hope everything goes smoothly from here on out and you get to have your little baby doll in your arms soon! Love this blog!

Steph

Deb said...

Sounds like a good trip over. I hope you were able to see your baby girl today.

Roxy said...

This visit is so cool, after such a long wait, which seems forever in motherhood time, you get to hold her in your arms again. You bring such memories back...