Monday, April 28, 2008

We didn't get to see her today.

After writing in my blog this morning, Ron and I took a 4 hour nap. We woke up to the phone ringing. It was our translator, calling to tell us that we couldn't go to the orphanage, because it was too late, and the doctor wasn't there :(. I was really bummed out, but the good news is that we get to see her tomorrow, at 9:30 a.m. ( night time for all of you ). We also got some more information about the birth mom. We were told that she was beautiful and that she had a 13 year old son. None of her family knew that she was pregnant, not even her son. While she was pregnant, she took care of her body. She didn't take any drugs, or do anything harmful because she thought that she was going to keep the baby, and raise her with the baby's biological dad, but the dad bailed out. She couldn't afford to take take care of A by herself. Very sad :(. We were also told that she cried when she was told that A was being adopted. She wasn't told any details about us, such as being us being Americans . We met up with the other family that had court today. Everything went very well with them and it was nice to hang out with them for a few hours. Well, I don't have much internet time, but I wanted to update. I will post about our visit tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! It's already 12:30 am there pretty soon you will be on your way for a visit. That is really great about BM! You know your daughter was very loved!
I can't wait to read more tomorrow, how exciting!

Unknown said...

hi guys,it's banana, so glad you arrived safely . I can wait to you get to see her and take her with you.Please tell C I AM SO HAPPY FOR their family I can't wait to see pix.I' ll be reading tommorrows blog.
love you all

jody said...

Hey Guys,
The story is so sad. i wish she knew what a wonderful family she was being adopted by. can't wait to hear more about the newest member of the family!

Love,
Jody and the Kids

Anonymous said...

well it must be 8 am there and you must be getting so excited to go see your daughter! I can't stop thinking about you guys...she is going to be one lucky little Princess....cannot wait for your update!!

Ann & Jim

Anonymous said...

So excited for you!!! Can't wait for more updates.

kim said...

Glad you made it. Tell the other Texas family hello from us too. Congrats to all of you!