Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We got to see her today!

First of all, I want to thank all of you for commenting on our blog. It means a lot to us :). Secondly, we got to see baby A today. I have my concerns, because she's 19 months old and still isn't walking or talking. She's also pretty small for her age still , but she has grown some. It was close to her nap time when we showed up, so she was pretty somber and fussy when we first got there. The last 15 minutes or so were a lot of fun though. I handed her a few Cheerios and she poked at them, causing one of them to fling up in the air. She thought that that was pretty funny and kept doing it over and over again, but she wouldn't eat them. There's also a rocking horse in the meeting room, so we put her on it and she held on to the handles and rocked like a cow girl. She's going to love the bucking bronco that nana bought for her big brothers. We also showed her a photo album with pictures of our first trip to NN, and pictures of her big brothers and she LOVED that. She got really excited when she saw the boys :). We have court tomorrow and OMG i'm scared to DEATH! We have court at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday , so midnight Tuesday back at home. Once we get through court, we're hoping that we can get her from the orphanage, but only if all of the paperwork is together and court runs smoothly. If things don't fall into place in an orderly fashion, then we wont be able to get her until Sunday. We're really hoping to get her tomorrow, because I think that it's critical for Ron and I to spend as much one on one time with her as possible before we return home. I miss my boys terribly :(. Alex had a fever of 103 yesterday and i'm so sad that I wasn't there for him. The last time that he had a fever like that, was back in September, and he wanted me to hold him the whole time. Hopefully he's feeling better today. Well, the next time you hear from me, we should be done with court :).

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy your meeting went well..I am sure she is delayed and will flourish once she is out of th orphanage.good luck in court today, everything will go just fine! Can't wait to see pics of the baby!!

Ann

Anonymous said...

I've been checking your updates religiously! I am SO happy that you got to see her at last. Good luck with the court date. Fingers crossed that you get to keep her tomorrow!!

Amanda

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

Tracy, I'm so glad you got to spend some time with her. I will keep praying that your trip goes smoothly and your boys do fine back at home.

Judi-TPP

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you got to spend time with her. I love hearing you describe how excited she got when looking at the pictures. It sounds like she has a very fun and cute personality. I'm praying that everything will go smoothly and you will be able to keep her with you.

I can't wait to meet her!

kim said...

Good luck with court. Tell the judge hello from the other Texas families from last year. (She is very serious in the court room, but not the case in her office. Don't forget a photo album, framed picture and flowers for the judge.) Let us know how it goes.

jody said...

I am so glad you got to see her. I can't wait to see some updated photos. Good luck in court:) Love Jody

Roxy said...

Tracy, I will be thinking about during your court time. You will be numb a few hours after it but then you will feel in heaven. Please ask them to give you a list of all them medications and "vitamins" she is taking. I did not ask for that and I regretted it because I think Kristina might have been in some kind of sedative/relaxant because her personality if so different than that fuzzy calm child we met...also "close to nap time" deal. I like the active child much better. Also get a schedule of what her schedule was like and a list of what she ate for breakfast lunch snack and dinner. It will help you with the transition. Even if they give it to you in Russian you can always have it translated.

Anonymous said...

OMG Tracy I am again soooo excited for you. I can't wait to see more pics and hear all about you bringing her home. She has a fantastic mother and father and great brothers and she is one lucky girl. Please keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Auntie

its Jimmy and Courtney. we wanted to say that we are happy to have a new baby cousin and hope everything goes well :)

Love Jimmy and Courtney

Anonymous said...

Hi, Auntie

its Jimmy and Courtney. we wanted to say that we are happy to have a new baby cousin and hope everything goes well :)

Love Jimmy and Courtney

Karen said...

I'm saying lots of prayers that court goes well. I'm sure it will. Thanks for keeping us posted, Karen

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to see her today! Things will go smoothly tomorrow and the girls and I can't wait to meet her. We will keep you in our prayers.

Tracy said...

Thank you all SO much :)! Your comments and support have been very helpful to me. It's almost over! Just 4 more hours :)!

Unknown said...

hi, it's banana, it's 10;44 Tues. which means youll be heading to court as I write My heart has been pounding all day YOU probably can here my ticking in R
You're in my prayers. love nana

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Best wishes on your court hearing! Try to not worry too much. If it is any comfort at all, our 4th son didn't walk until 19 months or talk until age 2. Ater a few months of speech therapy, he started talking up a storm. At age 4, he's so fast, you'd never guess he starting walking so late. Your daughter sounds very precious. I can't wait to hear (and see) more about her!

Anonymous said...

i think by this time, 11:39AM your time, you have a daughter!?! :)

jody said...

Its 4:20am and I am on this computer in hopes of seeing an updated blog...I can only think things are going well, and taking time in court. Hope to hear from you soon, I have to go and get ready for work. See you soon.

Zack, Jenn and William said...

I just bounced over to your blog from frua... praying that your court date went well and your daughter is now officially yours!

jody said...

Its now almost 8:00am i'm starting to get a little anxious waiting for the big info. Hopefully we hear something soon. we are thinking of you all...Bye

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Just found your blog through Debbie's and wanted to encourage you about your daughter's not walking or talking yet. Our son wasn't crawling on all fours, walking, or talking at 19 months either (at the time of adoption) but was taking steps with little help by the end of our first week together! He is doing so well now, 9 1/2 months at home. Don't worry too much! She'll catch up!! :O) CONGRATULATIONS!!