Wednesday, April 30, 2008

ASHLYN IS OUR DAUGHTER!!!

The 10 days was waived and we have Ashlyn with us right now :). Last night I went to sleep around 12:00 a.m. and woke up about an hour later . My heart was racing and I felt sooo sick to my stomach. I became panicked about going to court. If I had to go to court at that time, I don't think that I would have made it. I didn't go to sleep AT ALL. Thankfully, by 6:00 a.m. I was much calmer and just wanted to get it over with. We got to court on time and I was feeling pretty confident about giving my speech :). Welll, the judge came in and ruined it all by yelling and ranting. She was slamming her hands on our paperwork and all I could get out of it was Nicholas and Alexander ( my two younger boys names). That's how we started court :(. Luckily, she didn't rattle my nerves too much . My desire to be done with court was greater then my fear of court itself at that point in time. The judge smiled as she looked through the photo album that I made and she even took a few pictures to keep for herself ( including one of my boys ). Court only lasted for an hour and we were named Ashlyn's parents :). We found out later that our translator made a mistake in translating Nick and Alex's birth certificates, so that's what all the fuss was about. We found out at 2:00 that we would be able to pick Ashlyn up from the orphanage. If we couldn't do it today, then we would have had to wait until Sunday, so we were pretty excited. When we picked Ashlyn up, she was a little sad at first, but she quickly warmed up to us and was such a good little traveler back to the hotel. There was a lot of traffic and it took us 2 hours to get back, but she never once cried. Once back at the hotel, she played with all her toys and was just sooo happy. I laid her in the crib about a half hour ago and she hasn't made a peep. She's cuddling with the blanket and teddy bear that we left for her on our first visit. There's a lot more that I want to say, but i'm really tired from not sleeping last night, so I need to try and sleep. I'll post more tomorrow :). I'm going to also work on posting photos, so check back in :).

36 comments:

Karen said...

Yeaaaaaa! I've been checking your blog all day to see if you guys got her. How exciting! So glad she's finally in your hands. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Anonymous said...

YEAAY!!!! I was worried all day for you! I am so happy I could scream! That is so great. Congrats Tracy, you've been in my prayers and my worries. Talk soon and enjoy your little sweetie. Yes, I can breathe now too!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Tracy!!! That's so wonderful. I'm so happy for you!! Have a safe trip home and I can't wait to see and hear more about her!!

Anonymous said...

awwww that brought tears to my eyes! CONGRATULATIONS on your new daughter....I cannot even imagine your joy right now! I talked with your mom earlier and she told me she had just talked with you, she is so excited! I cannot wait to meet the little princess...have a safe trip home and post pics soon!!

Ann & Jim

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
I am sooo happy for you, it must seem surreal to have her with you, you waited so long for this day!! Enjoy every minute of it!!
Erin

Anonymous said...

I'm crying tears of joy for you guys! I know how stressful all of this has been, and how worried you were. I'm so glad everything went so smoothly! I can't wait to see you guys when you get back. :)

Amy said...

COngratulations!!!
New Reader here and glad I found you on this amazing day. Look forward to seeing pictures!
Amy

Unknown said...

Tracy, I have chills reading that she is finally yours! What was that moment like when you got to walk out the door with her?

Congratulations on the final steps of your long journey, and the first steps of a new journey!

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Tracy...I am so happy for your family! Can't wait to see pics!
Emilie

Roxy said...

Congratulations! I am so so so happy for all of you.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!

Izabela and Shawn said...

Congratulations, you must feel so relieved that its finally done, safe journey home.

izzy00 (frua)

Anonymous said...

Very happy for all of you. Wishing you all the best - Tamara
(2RussianAngels from the FRUA board)

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! I totally teared up as soon as I saw your post. I am SO excited for you and can't wait to "meet" your little girl (in pictures at first, but hopefully in person this summer!).

Congratulations to you and Ron!

Best,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on your daughter! MO3P

Anonymous said...

Tracy I have tears of joy for you, your family and your new daughter!! Can't wait to hear all the details and TONS of pics of baby A

jody said...

FINALLY.....I have been checking your blog since 4:20 this morning, the kids and I are so excited to hear you have Ashlyn.We can't wait to see her in June it will make our visit even more exciting.I finally have a niece yipeee!!!!
Courtney is also happy to have a girl cousin that she can play with and dress up. CONGRATULATIONS tracy and ron you have been waiting so long and spent so many agonizing hours on getting her. We look forward to hearing and seeing more about Ashlyn. Love all of us patiently waiting on the cape.

Alicia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I bet you feel very relieved! I can't wait to hear more about everything and see pictures of your precious lil girl.

Anonymous said...

Well it's about time!!! Yaayyy!!
I've been checking this blog a lot!!
I'm realy happy for all of you and can't wait to meet Ashlyn!
Safe trip home!
Congratulations!
Love,
"Auntie" Aggie

Unknown said...

I am sooooooooooooo happy for you guys!! Can't wait to see some pics and hear lots more!

Congrats!
Lisa

Unknown said...

this is one happy banana. I PRAYED so hard that things would run smoothly.customers have been asking and including her in there prayers .Iam so happy for the two of you and our family. Jodi an gang I am jealous'Enjoy every moment you earned it .I love you all nana

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooooooo happy for you all! I've been checking in on you every day. Thank you for posting your blog updates. Wishing you all happy times from here on out and an easy, safe trip back home to your boys! Put 100 hairbows in little Ashlyn's hair!!! :) Holly from Frua

Anonymous said...

We are all so happy for you!! We can't wait to see you all at home.

All about the G's said...

I have tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms. Congratulations to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!love, the maxwells

Anonymous said...

Hey auntie,
its jimmy
i just wanted to say i am really excited to see her this summer. im sure her ally and alex will all have fun together:) Triple A's. oh god! trouble makerssss.well i have to go i just wanted to say im really happy for you and i cant wait to see her.

Love,Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Tracy! Congratulations and have a wonderful trip home with your little girl! I can't wait to see pictures of your new family!
staycie

Uyen Beach said...

YEAH!!! Congratulations! So happy to hear that Ashlyn is officially part of the family. What a relief. I was worried about you last night after our email chat. Everything worked out for the best. We can't wait to meet her!

Love,
Uyen, Chris, Alanna & Gabe

Unknown said...

Yeah!!!! Congrats! Can't wait to see more than the top of her head! :-)

Unknown said...

Finally!!!

How is it with her finally being with you guys? Does it make Russia a bit better now? haha
Everyone here misses you guys and is anxious to see Ashlyn so hurry up and come home! =p Until then, please put some pictures up!

have fun with her!!

-sean

AprilMay said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! OH I am sooo happy for you! Soon you will be home and her brothers will get to meet her! I'm sure she will start talking and walking soon in order to keep up with them!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! Her back looks precious & I'm sure her front looks just as precious. I can't wait to see all of her LOL!

Safe Travels home!

Novobb2 from FRUA

Shane & Marie said...

Congratulations! It sounds like court went wonderful!

Shane & Marie said...

Congratulations! It sounds like court went wonderful!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!
Bev