Friday, June 6, 2008

certificate of citizenship, early interventions and ears pierced

We recieved Ashlyn's certificate of citizenship in the mail a few days ago, so to celebrate, we had cake. Ashlyn tried her first taste of cake today and she LOVED it :). On Wednesday, the boys and I took Ashlyn to get her ears pierced. She wasn't too happy about having her ears cleaned, but she did well with the actual piercing. The best news yet, early interventions evaluated Ashlyn yesterday and they were very impressed with her progress so far. She observed Ashlyn playing with her toys and interacting with me and she felt that she was doing well with attachment and her gross motor skills. She did suggest that we have Ashlyn evaluated by a speech therapist, but felt that Ashlyn would catch up in no time :). I'm amazed at how well she's doing. She's such a resilant little girl and she's always willing to try new things. Now that the boys are out of school, it's really tough to get on here as often. I'll try and update every couple of days though.

















7 comments:

nates5bs said...

We have been home 3 weeks with our new daughter from Russia. How long have you been home?

-Nates5bs

Anonymous said...

Tracey, that's such a beautiful story! I'm glad you're done with all of the red tape and paperwork and finally can bring her home!

Things are going well with my 3, my how time flies! We've been real blessed and the real estate business has been doing great in spite of what's going around in other parts of the nation. So good to hear from you, you have twice the amount of kids we have...you and Ron are real special people:) Whew!

Anonymous said...

aww she is such a sweetie girl

Jena said...

I love the cake- that's awesome. I'm so pleased with the early intervention eval!!! Ashlyn looks adorable with her little pigtails!!

Anonymous said...

OMG LOVE the pic 2nd up from the bottom!!!

junglemama said...

What a beautiful little girl you have! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how modern society has evolved to become so integrated with technology. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes less expensive, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.sosblog.com/-b/Will-the-R4-or-R4i-work-b1-p2.htm]r4i ds[/url] DS FFV2)