Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sorry!

We're having issues uploading photos to my blog. I'm still working on it though :). Our first night with Ashlyn was incredible. We put her to bed with her bear, blanket, and paci and she went right to sleep. She slept through night without a peep. When she woke up this morning, we took her into bed with us and fed her a bottle. She LOVED this and she loved cuddling. She IS the sweetest baby. Very easy going and so lovable. We're spending a lot of time cuddling, playing and reading to her. We've already seen a big improvement with her verbal skills. Before, she was very serious and wouldn't make the typical baby babbling while she was playing, nor would she really belly laugh. She's now babbling like crazy and she's given a couple of belly laughs. We're having a difficult time getting her to eat solids. She'll only eat a small amount of baby food at a time, but I brought pediasure and she really likes this. I keep offering her Cheerios. She likes to fling them ( this is what actually makes her belly laugh ). She also likes to pick them up and transfer them back and forth between her fingers, occasionally, she'll take a bite, but always spits it out :). Hey, we're making progress. We just found out for sure that our adoption is one of the last in this region, for now, because of passport issues. THANK GOD we got our court date when we did because I don't know how long it will take to get this straightened out. We feel very lucky. As far as her size, she isn't nearly as small as she was the first time we met her, she's actually pretty tall. She has big feet and hands and the 6-12 month clothes that I brought are actually too small on her WOOHOO!!!! She does look pretty skinny and boney, but I think that she will likely put on weight now that we have her. Sean, if you're reading this before school, then have a good day today :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!!! She sounds like such a little angel baby!!! That's great news about her having big hands and feet and being tall and also much taller since your last visit!!! You will plump her out in no time once she figures out how to eat solids!!! ;) Sounds like the best case scenario! I'm also so happy you got your court date before the region closed and that your 10 days were waived to boot!!!!!

Tanya and Don said...

Congratulations Tracy and family!!! Can't wait to see pictures. So glad your 10 days was waived and you all can finally move on towards home.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome Tracy, she sounds like a little angel. I can't wait to see pictures either!

jody said...

I was hoping to see pictures but atleast it sounds like shes doing well. Enjoy your alone time with her now because you probably won't get any when you get her home. The boys seem to be doing fine with mom with the exception of nick not quite being a morning person:) I hope to hear some more updates.Love Jody

Anonymous said...

I love thinking about you & Ron cuddling her in bed. It just makes my heart swell! Shawn asked about you yesterday, even he was anxious to hear how it went. :) So happy to hear about all her babbling and how much she grew!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that your baby girl is finally safe and sound in your arms! I can't wait to see the pictures of her :)

Unknown said...

hi Ron and Tracy i am so proud of the two of you.I knew her fist night and day with you would be exactly as you discribed.I had to laugh about the cheerios, Ron used to do the same thing with peas. I know how wonderful those belly laughs are as well as contagious.Jared got the pix up for me She is absolutely perfect as all my grandchildren are. I only wish I could see your faces with her .I bet the two of you have perpetual smiles.

kim said...

Congratulations. I know it has been a long wait. Enjoy your time with her in NN. I am sad about the adoptions in the region.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful feeling to hear that she is opening up and starting to make sounds! Amazing that they are closing adoptions when there is such a need. I am sure she will be in 24 months clothing soon enough! Oh I just posted some extremely cute Gymboree girlie clothes that would look adorable on her! You guys must be bursting at the seems with happiness!
staycie