Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ashlyn is doing very well!

Ashlyn is fitting into our family very well. She now enjoys her baths. After watching her brothers put their heads under water, she decided to do it as well :lol. She loves the pool and splashing in the water table that we have outside. She tried two bites of a Gerber meat stick today, of course it was only after Alex ( my 2 year old ) took a bite. She finally pointed to my eyes tonight when I asked her where they were. I've been working with her on this since day 1, so I was becoming concerned that she wasn't " getting it ". I sometimes forget that it's only been 2 and a half weeks since we got her and that she really IS doing very well. She has a doctors appointment on Tuesday, so that will probably be my next update. It feels like she's putting on weight, so i'm hoping that she's close to 17 pounds now.






3 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

That is great that Ashlyn is doing well and fitting perfectly into your family.

Anonymous said...

Her hair is getting so long! She looks like she is walking pretty good? That's amazing! So glad to hear she is eating and learning English! :)

Alicia said...

Awww what a great update!! So glad things are going so well for her and your family! Can't wait to hear the next update! :)