Saturday, June 2, 2007

Homestudy done!

THANK GOD our homestudy is done without any major catastropies ( except the bloody nose that Sean gave Nick when he threw a ball to him ) . Another huge hurdle out of the way!!!!! It was a lot different than what I thought it would be like. I thought that we would talk more about our family life, values, and all that good stuff, but our SW was very business like and just asked a lot of questions about our parents and the kind of upbringing we had. She interviewed my husband and I together, and then alone. She also interviewed each of the boys alone. God, how I wished that I was a fly on the wall when she interviewed Nicholas ( 4 year old ). This is the kid that when asked what his moms favorite drink was ( Mother's day questionnaire at school ) proudly announced that my favorite drink was beer. WHAT????? I dont even remember the last time I drank beer lol. I drink wine a couple of nights a week, but I haven't had a beer in ages. Anyways, my homestudy should be complete sometime next week. The social worker is just waiting on one more reference letter ( thanks Aggie ) and then the daunting task of preparing the dossier.

2 comments:

To Russia and Back... with Baby N! said...

Hi Tracy! I just came across your blog and had to post as my husband and I are at about the same stage in the adoption process.

We are getting ready to send out our I600A to CIS.

Like you we are going to Russia to adopt, and will be adopting a baby boy, hopefully no older than 18 months.

I am working on putting blog together also, just too many balls on the air, and the dossier takes precedence. You can email at billandmonicab@yahoo.com

Deb said...

Glad to hear the Home Study went well. The picture of Nicholas is so cute.