Thursday, July 17, 2008

We made it to Mass. and had a big scare!

We got here last Wednesday. I'm proud to say that I made the 30 hour trip, all by myself, with 5 kids, in 57 hours :). We went camping at jellystone Park http://www.campjellystone.com/ last weekend ( what a blast ) and we're having fun just spending time together. I'll post some photos tomorrow. Ashlyn has been pretty sick this week, so we haven't done much. On Monday, Ashlyn woke up with a small fever. She was in good spirits and her appetite was fine. I put her down for a nap as usual and about 2 hours into her nap, my sister started yelling for me. Ashlyn was having a seizure. It was the most horrifying thing that i've ever seen. She turned very blue around the mouth and even stopped breathing for a short amount of time. I really thought that she was dieing :(. My oldest son called 911 and she was rushed to the hospital. The ER doctor examined her and felt that the it was only a febrile seizure. Her fever finally broke yesterday :). I'm so nervous about her getting a fever again in the future. I'm not sure that I can handle seeing that again. We have a birthday party to go to this weekend, other then that, not much going on. My husband is flying out next Saturday and we plan to spend the weekend with his family and meet up with a few friends of mine on Monday ( the 28th ).

12 comments:

Joy said...

I will pray that you NEVER have to see that again. That must have been the worst.
Joy

The Gum Gang said...

Tracy, I am so sorry that Ashlyn was so ill. I am glad that your oldest was mature enough to call 911! Thank goodness she is ok. I hope the rest of your vacation is easier!

Pat (mom2many from FRUA)

Janine said...

Tracy,

I can't imagine how scared you must have been!! My sister's son also had a febrile seizure at around 2 years old. I had never heard of those before until then. How very scary. I'm glad Ashlyn is okay now.

Tina said...

Tracy I'm so sorry. I know how scary that is. I worked Peds for a while and if it is any comfort febrile seizures are more common then people think. I pray this is an isolated incident.

Deb said...

Glad you've had a good time vacationing.
Our birthmom told us that when she was little the same thing would happen to her. I'm worried about our first fever with Isabel. I'm glad Ashlyn was okay.
Hope the rest of your trip has been fun.

Anonymous said...

How horrible Tracy!! Glad Ashlyn is doing better. Scary!!!

Unknown said...

you need to update your blog!!!

Unknown said...

you need to update your blog!!!

Unknown said...

you need to update your blog!!!

Unknown said...

you need to update your blog!!!

Unknown said...

LOL Sean...

How scary re: Ashlyn and the seizure - I'm glad she's ok - I hope you never have to experience that again mama!

Jena said...

I agree with Sean, Tracy. I need an Ashlyn update!!!