Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm a slacker!


I can't believe that it's been just about a month since my last post. It's been a very busy summer and I just haven't had time to blog. Now that we're back to a normal routine and the kids will be going back to school, I should become more regular. I have a lot of photos that I want to share, but I need to go through them ( hundreds of them :) ). I have one photo of Ashlyn in the pool with her cousins and brothers while we were in Massachusetts that I can post now. Ashlyn has been home with us for 3 months now and it's hard to believe that she's the same child. It's really incredible what a little love and nutrition can do. Here's a list of her progress so far:




1. Wouldn't eat ANY solid foods - now she eats EVERYTHING in sight.




2. Was very small ( maybe 16 pounds or so ) - has gained 3 pounds and grown about an inch.




3. Didn't walk - learned to walk on the 4th of July.




4. Was very shaky and skittish - barely notice any shaking now.




5. Still kind of played with her toys like an infant - plays with age appropriate toys correctly.




6. Would go to most people - is VERY much a mommy and daddy's girl now.




7. Didn't know how to put her arms out to be held - will come to me often with her arms opened wide ( she loves hugs and kisses ).




8. Didn't pay too much attention to her brothers - HAS to do EVERYTHING that they do now :).




9. Did NOT like being outside - can't get enough outside time. She is amazing in the pool and can swim under water for up to 5 seconds at a time.




10. Ashlyn enjoys watching me put my makeup on and puts her cheek up for a little powder.




11. Although a little awkward, she can use a fork now.




12. She's still pretty delayed in her speech, but her receptive language is good.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful!!! She's doing fan-tabulous!!! I'm very, very happy for you guys! Looks like it was a summer to remember, for sure!

Karen said...

Glad you're back to blogging. I was getting worried that maybe something happened after the big scare in Mass.

Glad she's doing so well.

Janine said...

I'm glad to see you are back too. I've been checking for awhile hoping everything was okay too. :-)

Glad Ashyln is doing so well! It's amazing what a little love can accomplish!

Anonymous said...

Hearing Ashyln's achievements makes me emotional. Love really does make a child grow.

Can't wait to see some new pics of her and her brothers!

findingourdaughter said...

So glad to hear all is going so well with Ashlyn. Yeah! These encouraging stories help as we wait for a referral.
God Bless,
Angie

Deb said...

She has really grown in so many ways these 3 months. Glad you had a great summer.

Anonymous said...

to all of you adoptive parents GOD
bless you and keep you I sincerely
hope all of you're children be like our Ashlyn She is wonderful She has this great laugh and a real thirst for life and knowledge How fortunate our family is to this wonderful add-
ition. love Nana.