Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's never going to happen!

That's how I feel right now :(. I've seen many families that have traveled around the same time as us, and even after us, (from the same region) and they already have court dates ( different agency ). There's another couple from the same agency as us that has been waiting since September to get a court date. That means that we could potentially be waiting at least another 3-4 months. Paperwork keeps expiring. A little girl sits in an orphanage waiting for a family. My mother in law is here visiting right now. She saved all of her vacation time so that she could come out here to meet the baby. We were originally told that it would be about 6 weeks, so mil booked her trip back in December. We were told a few weeks ago that we would most likely travel in March. After hearing this news, my oldest son booked a flight in April to come home and meet his little sister. He's supposed to be here from April 22nd- 29th. We are now finding out that people are already getting court dates in mid April, so Jared wont be able to meet the baby now. I'm frustrated! I want to know why it's taking so long for us to get a court date. Friday's are tough. I usually have a mini meltdown every Friday, because I know that we'll have to wait until Monday before we have the chance of hearing anything. I have this gut feeling that we're not going to get a court date for months and i've requested to go back to Russia over the next month or two to check on baby A. I'm hoping to get the approval from my SW soon. That's about it for now.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I wish I could say something positive. I've been there and I know it's torture. You think about it 24 hours a day and night. Just know others have been in your shoes and we're here for you guys. Hang in there! It WILL happen and it will all be worth it.

Anonymous said...

((((HUGS)))) Tracy. Sending postive vibes that you get to go get your little girl SOON.
Deena

Monica said...

I just happened upon your blog. I'm sorry you're waiting so long when it seems your little girl should have been home by now. I will pray that things start to move quickly for you.

We also have FIVE sons and have recently made the decision to adopt a little girl from Kyrgyzstan. If you'd like an invite to our blog email me:
monica1216 @ yahoo. com

Best wishes to you!
Monica

Deb said...

Oh I hope you're able to get back over there to see her again. That would be so good for both of you.

I'm sure this won't help but I foudn out today about a family that started after me, brought their son home (a year ago) and is in Moscow this week meeting their second child! So I understand your frustration at seeing others pass you by and waiting.
Your court date will come. I'm praying for you.

The family of six said...

Hi I just found your blog too. We have three bio boys and got a referral for our baby girl on Jan. 3. We got logged into the courts on Feb 1 and are waiting for our court dates too! We are adopting from Taiwan.

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

It is hard to see other families come and go, come and go, come and go - while we still navigate 'the wait between trips'. There's no easy way to survive this. I hope you get good news soon.

cm

kim said...

Hang in there. I know the wait is excruciating. It is so maddening and it is the most helpless feeling in the world.