Tuesday, December 11, 2007

THANK YOU!




I want to thank all of you who have sent me " good luck " wishes. It really means a lot to me. I'm becoming more excited and less scared. I can't believe how quickly time is moving. I feel like i've been really organized, but there's STILL so much to do to prepare! The boys are very excited about grammy taking care of them, so i'm feeling less anxious about leaving them. Nicholas talks about his baby sister all the time. He can't wait to show her around the house and to give her dolls, and all the other misc. stuff that we have gathered for her. I think that he's going to be a good big brother :). I've been gathering toys and blankets for the trip ( see pictures ) and can't wait to bring them to the orphanage. I hope that the babies/toddlers enjoy them. I will try and post tomorrow, but if not, I will definitely post while we're in Russia.


3 comments:

Roxy said...

Best wishes. It is an incredible experience. We adopted from NN in August 2006 but also met our daughter in Dec, two years ago today! Dec 12 2005. She was 4 1/2 when we met her. Be prepared for the cold. The cars can't get warm enough so your coat is on at all times. The baby house we went to was 3 hours away through a snow storm that took us 5 hours to get there. Sorry for posting. I think I saw your blog in FRUA and just saw now that you were going to NN. Love the city, love the people. I have great friend that leaves there. If you need anything you can e-mail at roxanawhite@sbcglobal.net. Good to have someone there besides the facilitators in case of emergency. My friend has a school for teaching English so all his staff speaks English and are willing to help you if needed.All young girls wanting to related to English speaking people as they do not get that there. Be ready, no tourist in NN.

Ryan and Amy said...

Hi Tracey - thanks for your post on our blog. We saw that you are also flying home on the 20th and wondered what airline you are flying. When you have a moment (if you can have one with 5 boys and an adoption underway) feel free to email me at bemidjirileys@yahoo.com. Best wishes!

AprilMay said...

I am soo excited for you!! I hope you can update from Russia. You are in my prayers!